robthomasson

Re: Stone Age League!

Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm

you know what, Rob?
i'm a sportsman and so it would be ok for me to step aside to let you go into the final.
you have deserved it.
No, no. No!

It is very kind of you - but it is about playing the whole game and I screwed up. Plus - who knows what other faux pas were made during the game? Mine was just so visible and at the end - but it was my error plain and simple.

You won fair and square by being consistent and skilful.

JammaTal

Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm

i must humbly oppose.
imagine a situation like this at a boardgame table. it just would never happen. it would be corrected easily and by consent of all players.
we should not let digital rule over us, over our common sense.
and my "win" was not really a win. i don't want to win this way.

it was a great game, and i enjoyed it very much.
and you are the winner and must go to the final table!

Codington

Tue May 31, 2016 3:34 am

I have to say I agree with JammaTal here. This is a pretty clear case of something that wouldn't have happened except for this being an electronic implementation with no undo feature (we can have a whole other thread on my opinions about undo :) )

We can put it to a vote if that would make Rob more amenable to the decision.

john_l

Tue May 31, 2016 2:04 pm

We can put it to a vote if that would make Rob more amenable to the decision.
Tough call. From a boardgamer's perspective I completely agree with Jamma, but from a videogame player's perspective misclicks happen to everyone and they are part of the game.

I think I identify as a boardgamer more than a videogame player though, so I vote to let Jamma decide.

hardco

Tue May 31, 2016 2:54 pm

I agree with Rob on this one. Mistakes happen all the time in online games, and you have to live with it. It shouldn't get special treatment just because it happened in the final turn of the game.

JammaTal

Tue May 31, 2016 5:33 pm

my vote is:
for me Robthomasson is the winner and should go to the final table.

Holsten-Knight

Tue May 31, 2016 5:52 pm

I agree with jamma (am I even asked here, I lost my semi final fair, square and by far :D ). He told me he would not feel good to advance to the final with 1 point just because of a misclick.
That would have never happened in the boardgame. If the "winner" side offers this it can be accepted. Rob definitely deserves the win. ;)
Last edited by Holsten-Knight on Tue May 31, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Codington

Tue May 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Ok, the other finalists have spoken and JammaTal and Rob obviously started the discussion. So far, by my count, the decision is split...

Rob and Hardco think Jamma should retain the victory.
Jamma and John (by allowing Jamma to decide) think Rob should be in the finals.

For me, it matters a great deal that this happened in the final turn. Mis-taps in early rounds can be made up for (ironically, one way of doing that is to take a 1-7 building later on!) and can't really be distinguished from lapses in judgement or lack of foresight, but there's no way of recovering from this kind of slip in the last round.

So, unless Hardco would boycott a final based on his decision, I think we should go with:

Hardco - John_l - Robthomasson

(Randomized start order this time!)

john_l

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 pm

So, unless Hardco would boycott a final based on his decision, I think we should go with:

Hardco - John_l - Robthomasson

(Randomized start order this time!)
I haven't gotten an invite yet, Hardco are you ok with proceeding? Should I create the game?

hardco

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I shockingly didn't have robthomasson on Game Center! I sent a friend request, but it appears to have timed out. If you have both of us already, go ahead and start the game.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”