Zebracadabra

Re: Ortus Regni

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:22 am

Fwiw, I had my 4th game hung by the server issue.

I emailed them Wednesday and again today. The response last week was they should know in a couple of days when they can release the fix. So, if we don't get that news this week, I'm going to be *very* disappointed.

At this point, I will *not* start any new games and hopefully, will be able to finish those already started.

SpiceTheCat

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:43 am

Fwiw, I had my 4th game hung by the server issue.

I emailed them Wednesday and again today. The response last week was they should know in a couple of days when they can release the fix. So, if we don't get that news this week, I'm going to be *very* disappointed.

At this point, I will *not* start any new games and hopefully, will be able to finish those already started.
Thanks for that update.

At the moment I'm playing out my game with Kolbex (the vikings are working for *me*, this round) but I'm disinclined to do anything more until the problem is fixed. Which is a shame, as I think there's a very neat game in there.

(Also I think the entire presentation of the game is textbook 'how not to do skeuomorphism', cf also rinelk's 'Cards are not cards' post, but never mind. Let's go for functional and reliable first.)
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

Kolbex

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:11 pm

(Also I think the entire presentation of the game is textbook 'how not to do skeuomorphism', cf also rinelk's 'Cards are not cards' post, but never mind. Let's go for functional and reliable first.)
If you're objecting to the use of skeumorphism per se, I think its worth recalling that the app is basically a free demo/advertisement for the physical game, so the skeumorphism should be viewed in that light.

SpiceTheCat

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:23 pm

If you're objecting to the use of skeumorphism per se, I think its worth recalling that the app is basically a free demo/advertisement for the physical game, so the skeumorphism should be viewed in that light.
Not to skeuomorphism per se, but to the extent that the 3D table view can make it hard to identify cards in the middle or far edge of the table, and provides tiny tap targets, and the bird's-eye view also hides your own hand. Yes, I appreciate that complaining about aspects of a free game amounts to looking a gift horse in the mouth.
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

Kolbex

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:08 pm

Yes, it is absolutely true that it is sometimes difficult to tell what cards are where (a problem you most likely would not have in the physical version). No arguments there.

Zebracadabra

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 am

Yes, it is absolutely true that it is sometimes difficult to tell what cards are where (a problem you most likely would not have in the physical version). No arguments there.
You can tap and hold and the card will be shown.

Kolbex

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:57 pm

You can tap and hold and the card will be shown.
Indeed you can. Still, the table setting makes it a bit difficult to tell at a glance.

Kolbex

Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Is this still happening? Hope it's not dead in the water; I like this game!

Snotty128

Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Are we still waiting for the other table to finish, or are they still deadlocked?

geigerm

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:17 pm

We're done. I think hardco died of old age and I won, but I didn't get to see the end of the game.

Still, hardco and SpiceTheCat (who forfeited his way out of our game to allow it to continue) should play in the final. I've dropped out due to a lack of interest.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”